There is nothing better than a Saturday night spent at home- homemade pizza in the oven, sweat pants on, a full wine glass, and a movie playing in the background. (This is our idea of heaven)
Ben and I officially hit the ‘sister jackpot’ in life. I thought my older sister, Meghan, was the best sister on the planet. Then, I met Ben’s older sister, Louisa, and quickly realized it was a two-way tie. We are both very close with our sisters and ask their advice for nearly everything. It is no surprise that Louisa is the one who supplied us with this incredibly easy- and delicious- pizza dough recipe.
You have to make the dough 18 hours ahead of time in order to allow it to rise. The recipe makes A TON of dough. One batch is usually enough for three nights of pizza for us. You can just freeze whatever you don’t use!
“No-Knead Pizza Dough”
7 1/2 cups all purpose flour
**You will also need more to coat the surface as you shape the dough
4 tsp. fine sea salt
1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
3 cups of water
1. Whisk flour, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
2. While stirring with a wooden spoon, gradually add 3 cups of water and stir.
3. Mix dough gently with your hands to bring it together and form into a rough ball. Transfer to a large clean bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 18 hours.
4. Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Gently shape into a rough rectangle and divide into 6 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time, gather 4 corners to center to create 4 folds. Turn seam side down and mold gently into a ball. Dust dough with flour; set aside on work surface or a floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining portions.
5. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for about an hour until it’s soft and pliable. At this point the dough is done and you can use it right away or wrap each dough ball separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate. If using refrigerated dough, unwrap it and let it rest at room temperature on a lightly floured work surface, covered with plastic wrap, for 2-3 hours before shaping.
6. To bake, heat pizza stone in 500 degree oven, then cook dough for 4 minutes. Bring it out of oven, flip and add toppings on cooked side and finish cooking for 4 more minutes (depending on what you have as toppings).