I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This is something that I am really happy about, because I genuinely enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes. Earlier today as I prepped food for the coming week, I realized there are five things in our kitchen that I find myself reaching for on a daily basis.
- Nespresso Frother – On a typical day, I will steam a few tablespoons of Nutpods Dairy-Free creamer to add to my coffee. Whenever we have company over, I can quickly turn a cup of coffee or tea into something frothy and delicious. I don’t know how I ever enjoyed a cup of coffee before using this frother.
- Oxo Glass Snap-lid Containers– Is it me, or is it really hard to find snap-lid containers that actually work? Some of them don’t snap in the right way and become a major pain in the butt. We use Oxo containers to store everything- prepped meals, fruit, veggies, dry snacks. We can easily remove the rubber bumpers on the lid and throw everything in the dishwasher.
- Blendtec Blender– This is the Holy Grail of blenders at a really fair price-point. It is expensive, but fairly priced given the quality. This week, it is even on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I make my smoothies in this blender, but I also use it to prep soups and sauces. I used it earlier today to blend butternut squash and ginger soup. The motor is so powerful, we even put nuts in it when we’re making pesto.
- Le Creuset Square Dish- When we got married, we registered for deep navy Le Creuset. We find that it goes with everything, and it looks great out on the table when we have guests over. That being said, this is a dish that we use multiple times each week to prep dinner. I use them for casseroles and veggie dishes.
- Ribbed Oven Mitts– Anyone else reach into the oven without oven mitts on? I have to admit that I’m guilty of this kitchen crime way too often. I love these tiny ribbed mitts as they allow me to get the perfect grip on piping hot dishes when I’m cooking.